From structured oxford button ups to concert tees (thank you Rihanna), it wasn’t long before the oversized shirt trend evolved for the colder weather. We’ve jumped from shirts as dresses to actual dresses as shirts…crazy, right?! It’s the perfect way to stretch the life of not only your summer wardrobe but your formal wardrobe as well. While it seems daring, the look is almost effortless to pull off.
1. Layering a slip dress over your jeans is the easiest way to dress up a casual outfit.
Pro-tip: a mesh top looks amazing under a slip dress.
2. Pairing a special occasion dress or statement frock over jeans instantly dresses down your look and allows you to get more wear out of those dresses that you thought you’d only wear once.
3. Layering a dress over [printed] pants
Tip: This is perfect for toning down that pair of “loud” pants that you just HAD to have but later realized we’re just too much for your day to day wardrobe.
4. Pair a structured dress silhouette over a flare/bell bottom pant.
5. Soften up a pair of leather pants by adding a dress as an outer laye